Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Best available tower

Eiffel it is not.

The weather guy this morning said we would be getting our first shot of autumnal air. "Haha!" says I. As if autumn comes in the first part of August.

Cool, barely 70 when I headed out, overcast, northwest winds at 20-30 mph. The air had that unmistakable feeling of fall.

I rode down a patch of pavement that I had not previously ridden on. It is downhill from a place I have been a lot but it was downhill into the wind and I was confident that the wind was strong enough that uphill would not be a chore. At the end of what turned out to be a dead end I found today's best available tower.The uphill was as expected a piece of cake with a 20-30 mph helper.

Pretty grey looking, eh? As grey as it looks it never felt even the tiniest bit like rain. It just felt like fall.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Take a jacket with you if you're leaving town -- or at least a sweatshirt.