Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Algae alert

I rode the full eight lakes tour today for the first time in over a month. I don't recall this wind storm but then again I wasn't here.The felling of that tree has left a quite large gap in the shoreline cover at Sucker Lake.

Over at Vadnais it was very pretty today.Those of us who drink Saint Paul city water should be forewarned by that patch of green out there on the lake surface in the background. That sort of algae bloom in the city reservoir often leads to a month of fairly foul tasting water.

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

That's a large former tree. It was probably last Monday when I could not get home because of the strong (really strong) winds and then the flooding of our street (again).
I am looking forward to the eight lakes tour in the near future.