Friday, August 26, 2011

I love my thumb levers

No one has to research very hard or scratch very deep to discover that I ride Campagnolo. I am not necessarily of the opinion that Campy is superior to the other two component brands because it shifts better or is prettier or is more economical in the long run. To me Campagnolo is the one I like the most. One of the things I like the most is my thumb levers.It is always a little jolt of welcome back to make that first thumb lever shift after having been riding one or another of my Ultegra bicycles.

Here is a look at what my neighbor is looking at as a result of the July street and in his case yard flooding.I have good news on the drinking water front. Steps are being taken to combat the algae bloom on Lake Vadnais, the last reservoir of our water utility. When I rode out there today there was great huffing and puffing with releases of air and lots of exotic carrying ons.I have seen a boat on Lake Vadnais only once or twice in all of my rides out there. Today there were three boats.There were also hoses of some sort or perhaps only marking lines but there was yellow stuff stretching out into the lake dividing the lake into four segments. It was a very unusual day at Lake Vadnais.

Today's top speed, on the hill from Victoria down to Snail Lake, 34mph.

1 comment:

Santini said...

They look serious about whatever it is they are doing. I believe they called those things 'booms' when they were trying to corral the oil spill on the Gulf of Mexico.

Too fast.