Saturday, August 6, 2011

A fair warning

The grounds are buzzing with activity as Fair time approaches and I have been given a fair warning to stay away.I believe that I am interpreting the sign correctly when I conclude that they definitely mean me.

It is also, of course, a Fair warning.

That new building on machinery hill that I thought was going to be a Ford display room turns out to be something completely different.Walking fitness is good, bicycle fitness is a little lacking but coming back quickly. I remain a bit jet lagged as I still want to go to sleep and wake up at hours inappropriate to my current time zone. But like the bicycle fitness, my time zone orientation seems to be on its way back to what it should be.

FC Nantes has opened its home season with a loss, FC Nantes 0:2 SC Bastia.

After last Friday FC Nantes was 20th in the table but yielded that spot on Saturday to the apparently even more pathetic RC Lens. This week RC Lens has lost again but have scored a goal and lost by only 2-1. On goal differential RC Lens rises to 19th in the table, FC Nantes reassumes the basement.

Pathetic. Disturbing.

1 comment:

Emily M said...

They were always lacking bathrooms over in that part of the fair. I'm glad it's not just a Ford building.

The news about FC Nantes is disheartening, but also not too terribly surprising. Boo.

The sun has come out and some beach walking is about to occur, I think. Tunnel Park is calling my name.