Sunday, November 14, 2010

Snow scores first ever victory

The plow came a little after dark and after it left I went out and tackled the giant pile of heavy, heavy, half water slush shoved into the end of the driveway. I got contact with civilization reestablished but started to feel discomfort in my left elbow (in my left hand on the bottom shoveling technique, the lifting arm), both hands, and oh my aching back. I took a little break to husband enough strength to finish.At nearly noon here right now the little break is currently about 18 hours in length.

For the first time ever, the snow has won. I started the clean up but did not finish. It doesn't look like much though, at least from inside the house. I expect man to win round two.

2 comments:

santini said...

No need to worry about lack of exercise, apparently. It looks colder in your photo today than it did yesterday. It doesn't look like that snow is going to go away quickly.

Emily M said...

Santini - It was actually pretty nice out there today. I hope that most of this will melt, otherwise the street I park on will be a disaster for the rest of the winter, due to people who refuse to obey the snow emergency parking rules. And a lack of enforcement by the tow trucks in my neighborhood.

Good job, Dad. An 18 hour break seems justified.