Friday, March 26, 2010

Assist from Mother Nature

Yesterday I felt as though I could really, REALLY, use a day off. Mother Nature came through with another one of those water would freeze in bottle days. Actually I believe the official high got to 38 or something but at the moment when I had to decide whether or not to ride it was water freeze in bottle weather. I accepted the verdict and took a day off.

Today was warmer but that gawd awful spring wind reared up again. I got a ride in but stayed close to home and spent lots and lots of time gradually working my way a short distance upwind.

I got to Lake Como near the end of my ride. The wind was strong from the southeast, Como is pretty much directly southeast of where I live. After the picture it was downwind all the way home.The ice is closer to out on Como than it is on the more northern lakes I have visited recently, I estimate the rest could leave any day with a bright sun and a bit of wind. Come to think of it, that's much like the weather we had today. That ice may already be gone.

I rode less than the average length and less than the average speed.

1 comment:

Santini said...

It still looks cold.