Tuesday, March 16, 2010

44 and damp

We had morning rain today but a man once reunited with his bicycle is difficult to discourage. In early afternoon I convinced myself that it was getting pretty dry and that I should try to get my work in.

I am pleased to report that I have figured out the appropriate dress for March as I was pretty much OK today. I am chagrined to report that today's costume was the same as what I wore yesterday and the day before. The correct answer to your question is, "Yes, yesterday I was overdressed."

But today I was good. I got my work done. But today, today felt like March. The temperature at the Cattle Barn was 44.That weird glow over the top of the barn is most likely the sun. It certainly wasn't visible to me as I took the photograph but you can't fool the camera, that has to be the sun. There is no report today from either end of the Grandstand as both of those displays are still dark.

Today wasn't that massive 20+ degrees above average that we have been experiencing recently but the truth is that 44 is still about 5 degrees above average, and I know what average means. I believe I am going to have to put today down as an overall plenty OK day.

And I would except that it wasn't nearly as dry as I had convinced myself. I rode in occasional sprinkles and at one point I could see the drops falling in a puddle as I rode past, most of the ride was a trifle damp and definitely on the cool side. Even so, the truth is that the street in front of my house was dryer when I finished then when I started.

If fitness is ever going to return I have to do the work. Today I got my work done.

1 comment:

gfr said...

The only way to regain the fitness is to do the work, someone once said. Hmmmm.... Maybe that way you, maybe yesterday. But still, good effort.

The cattle barn -- I've missed the cattle barn.