Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Poorly lit shrubbery

I got started just a tiny bit later today and rode a little bit farther. Can you tell?Yup, a flash photo. At 7pm. It was pretty marginal lighting the last couple of miles but I was riding at that time mostly on the Fairgrounds (no traffic) and close to home (wide paved shoulder).

I ended the month with the fewest miles ever in September and actually by quite a large amount. I was nearly 100 miles behind the fewest ever ridden previously. But I did end up with miles ridden in September equal to one-half of the miles I needed as of September 1 to reach my annual goal. I rode 374 miles in September and need 374 miles more for 4,000. Didn't I warn you all that the rest of the season would feature lots of numbers?

My neighbor Marcia reports that she is a grandmother. I am pretty sure this makes her the first grandmother on the block. Congratulations to the family and to baby Rachel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty dark for 7pm. Nice numbers though. Goals are good for motivation to ride during this fairly marginal part of biking season.