Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I should have this much energy

Primary election day and I voted for the person I promised to vote for. I think most observers would be surprised if she achieves even 15% of the vote. I still think she was the best candidate.

It was almost 70 today and a gorgeous evening for a ride. Here is a planting of annuals on the boulevard of Roselawn Avenue less than half a mile from my house.I know those are annuals, nothing perennial would grow on that patch of roadside. Further, I have watched these plants emerge. There are a couple there that show corn like growth. I should have as much energy as the energy that was stored inside these plants when the season was new.

I tweaked my back today. I have never hurt my back before. I have had backaches but always it was wake up with a sore back. I have never before had the experience that I had today of pulling something and feeling it as it happened. I could still ride and did, thinking it wasn't serious. But when I got home I found myself hobbling around trying to prepare some food for myself, waiting for the ibu to kick in.

Getting old is not for sissies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting old is not for sissies. TT

Anonymous said...

I try to save the IBU for when something hurts, rather than use it as a preventative as I did during the TRAM years. I still take more than I think I should.

Nice display of aggressive flower growth. I see something that looks like a hosta -- which would be a perennial.