Sunday, September 14, 2008

Post injury ride

I have been taking it easy, babying my back. Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but I can remember when muscle soreness resolved itself after a day or two. Now I am resting, stretching, generally acting like an invalid, and . . . I am basically an invalid.

But I exaggerate. Actually the weather has been pretty wet on two of the days when I didn't ride so it isn't completely that I am slacking. On the other hand I haven't been riding.

Again today the forecast was for afternoon showers. I was pretty determined to get in a few miles to test my back so I headed out at about 11am. It was only 60 or so, overcast with light winds. The costume for today included long sleeve base layer, long sleeve jersey and lightweight jacket with tights, helmet liner and full finger gloves. *sigh* Where has summer gone?

The combination of bad weather and questionable back means that I have had a lot of time off in the early part of this month. I guess I can say that 600 miles in September is clearly out the window. But I rode today and I didn't make anything worse. It was a short ride, mostly just in circles and always soft pedaling but I pronounce the ride a success and proclaim the season to be reopened.

Lots has happened while I have been away. The corn field looks a little different.The harvester missed two corn plants. The geese are obviously busy cleaning up the spills. *sigh* Where has summer gone?

And this from the FC Nantes website describing today's game in Paris: "C'est fini. Nantes reste lanterne rouge." According to the website the referee's decision to give a 7th minute penalty kick to PSG was "soft". PSG converted the PK and played out the winning hand from there to a final of 1-0. Last place FC Nantes is one of only two teams remaining in Ligue 1 without a victory. New manager Elie Baup gets his first chance at home next Saturday against mid-table Valenciennes FC. Righting the ship and beginning to accumulate points is critical if Nantes hopes to solidify its position in Ligue 1 and avoid another trip to the embarrassment of Ligue 2.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your injury is resolving itself, even if slowly.

It is very soggy here as well.

Harvest season already?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it pays to look more closely. Them is geese.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it pays to look more closely. Them is lotsa geese.

GOINFS