Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Themeless

Truthfully, I haven't been to any of the daily photo blogs yet today so I don't even know what the monthly theme is. I promise to go and look as soon as I get this published, but for now, I am without theme.

I visited my opthalmologist today. As an aside, he told me, and this may not be news to certain sectors of my readership, that nearly everyone who is "middle aged or beyond" has at least some evidence of cataracts. I told him that I certainly qualify as "middle aged or beyond". I think he was telling me that I have some evidence of cataracts. On the upside, my vision is still almost 20-20 in one eye (I missed one letter out of 5 on that line), and a solid 20-30 in the other.

The aspect of today's clinic appearance that is of significance to a bicycle blog is that the timing was such that I was able to get an earlier start on a bicycle ride.

I usually get a photograph sometime during the ride but I took this one before I even left my garage to start. It has been extremely grey the last couple of days. Today there was blue sky and sun through midday and even by about 4pm there was still enough blue to make a Dutchman a pair of pants.It turned out to be a good thing that I did get the photo before I started because the overcast moved back in and most of the ride was pretty grey.

And brisk. Today's high was 59 with a 15mph NW wind. Brisk.

Here's a correction, Marcia is no better than second grandmother on the block.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOPWLH no longer wears glasses -- amazingly. They are ready for the baby boomers to need cataract surgery in large numbers, it seems.