Thursday, September 25, 2008

September song

Recovery is tricky. It is trickier this time than it was the last time I hurt something. I should stop complaining but obviously I am finding that everything is trickier than it was the last time I tried it. *sigh*

I overdid on the weekend and have had to lay off for a few days. But today I gave it a try. It was sorta OK, but very, very slow.

Plus which, lighting conditions are deteriorating very rapidly. I left work about as early as I can get away, delayed not an instant in getting on the bike, and rode a number of miles less than what I have usually ridden all season. Here is what the sky looked like as I finished.Twilight? Dusk? Evening? How about a little too dark for riding a bicycle while sharing space with people in cars who are hurrying home from work?

It was warm enough, today's high was mid-70s, above the average for the day. But I had my jacket with me and although I didn't actually stop to put it on, if I had ridden much further I would have. 70 or so on a late September evening is a completely different deal than 70 or so in mid-morning in July. In September 70 holds the possibility of suddenly too cold.

But my back seems OK. There is hockey tomorrow but I will try to ride again on Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty sky over the soccer field, but too dark for biking. Hockey? Already?