Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Whining pays off

Summer is back, at least for a day.

Even after work it was still 80, yup, 80, when I headed out for a ride. It was so nice that even the tall bike guy was out. I lifted a hand and pointed at him as he rang his bell at me from several feet above the pavement. I actually saw him twice, coming and going, both times on Como Avenue.

It was so nice that people were playing at the playground.The tennis players and the basketball players are still visible. If you peer through the fence you can see a young woman about to ride away on a bicycle. When I arrived she was swinging on the swings. It was so nice that people were playing at the playground.

Bicycling seems to be really good for my back. The muscle that I originally strained is now giving me virtually no problems. I am instead mostly troubled by my hip muscle on the same side, which I assume is the muscle picking up the slack as I baby my back. Today my hip hurt most of the day but once I got onto the bicycle and started to ride everything seemed to resolve itself and I felt pretty good, all things considered.

It was a beautiful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same experience with my back when I hurt it shovelling snow in early April. Once I could move around -- but it still hurt -- I could ride my bike without making my back any worse. I thought it might all be in my head. Good to see it confirmed that biking is good for bad backs. I also had problems with my hip flexor muscles at that point. GOINFS applies here.