Friday, June 8, 2007

Still not scan enabled.

I must admit that there have been a few times in the last couple of weeks when this whole fitting a bicycle ride into the daily schedule has seemed way too much like work. The incessant wind, the uncertain temperatures, sometimes it just isn't that much fun.

But a day like today gives a person an opportunity to revisit all of the sensations that are the reasons why I like riding. It was coolish, only a bit over 70, but there was not a single cloud of any kind visible anywhere in the sky. There was a light breeze but plenty tolerable. The weather enforced days off made me rested and strong. All in all, it was a perfect day for a ride.

Lake Vadnais is the final basin for the Saint Paul City Water Department. Although located in Vadnais Heights, the lake provides the water supply for Saint Paul. Saint Paul also sells water to many northern suburbs, including incidentally, Vadnais Heights.This is the pump house and the waterworks boathouse located on the south shore of the Lake.

It was a great ride and I stopped at a favorite spot on the way home. They looked so . . . I don't know, contented or something, that I just couldn't resist taking their picture again.The campus cows return.

I got the scanner unpacked but have not installed the software yet so scanning looks like a weekend project. My blogging siblings have set the bar pretty high, I hope I have something to offer when I finally get scan-enabled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't ever be too many pictures of those cows. This is a diffeent angle, I guess. They look almost life like. Santini

Jimi said...

Have you run across the Minnesota Rocks sculpture in Vadnais Heights or have any idea where it is?

Are these the cows who moo for gzmoowho?