Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Roseville VFW

These three were on every softball team I coached. Which also pretty much means that I was the only coach they ever had. We started when they were in 3rd grade playing that year in the Roseville city recreation league as the White Sox. This picture was taken the last year, after they all graduated from high school. We were representing the Roseville VFW in one of the two top female 20 and under slow pitch softball leagues in the Metro. We had won our division of the league the year before but after the players graduated from high school their focus faded badly. We still had a pretty good team but I think we were third in the last go round. This is Miller, Knutson and Sventek, they batted 3, 1, and 2 for most of the years we had a team. They were good players and good kids. I have a million stories, some of which I have already told, more of which will probably appear here as time goes on.

I am not completely satisfied with the way the picture came out. I have already done the research and discovered that an adequate scanner is $135. I think I will be getting a scanner. When I was locating this picture I came across some others that would look nice on a bicycle blog.

A very hard rain fell earlier today. It was probably dry enough to ride by the time I got off work but it never got very warm. It was warm enough to ride but it was very windy. It was not as windy as some other days when I have ridden but if you count that is 1, 2, 3 strikes you're out at the old ball game.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Too windy here today to ride,too. Yeah, I'm not totaally happy with the photo of a photo process either. My light source left bright spots on the photo -- I think it may work better on old black and white photos. I'm going to try the scanner soon. I'm told it's a fairly high end one. I like being able to use some older photos that aren't already on digital media.

Jimi said...

The scanner is a good option. The quality of a scanned photo is predictable, which is more than you can say about taking pictures of pictures. I look forward to some good biking shots.

Nice photo of Wireless and friends.

Anonymous said...

Much better results with the scanner. SS