Saturday, June 2, 2007

Judy, thy true name is . . .

I am not an official daily photo blogger so I do not feel shame for not having posted a photo taken out my window. I looked out my window, and it is a nice back yard but I just have not taken a picture. Therefore I won't be posting.

However, I highly recommend the very beautiful backyard garden of Alice at Arradon Daily Photo. And if you are like me you can use the blog view as an opportunity for a little French lesson.

The other person who lives here, OK, my wife, made her this year's cycling debut today. We rode far enough and hard enough that she deserves to be knackered and I think she will readily admit that she is. We did not ride so far that she should be exhausted, however, and I think she will readily claim that she is not.

The Babe's anemic riding schedule has left her with seriously rusty bicycling skills. As we approached home she suddenly exclaimed that there were very black clouds gathering. I informed her that I had been keeping an eye on said clouds for at least ten miles.

This picture was taken in Lake Judy Park in Shoreview. It is a pretty little spot, a lake with houses on perhaps half of the shoreline and park on the other half. As you may recall, I am privy to the official files relating to protected waters in the state and the names and numerical designations of said protected waters. I have looked this lake up. I am prepared to reveal that Lake Judy is a name assigned probably by the developer or perhaps by city park planners. It is NOT the official name.Who cares, you say? I care, I like that sort of thing. I am sorry to say that Judy, thy true name is Mud.

So there you have it, a picture of B. Babe in front of Mud Lake.

Bon voyage, world traveller. She is on the plane on the way to Frankfurt, to arrive there early Sunday morning, Frankfurt time. In an upset, I speak the language of her destination better than she does. She does not have even so much as a "guten tag" to greet her Germanic hosts. I think, though, that any person with two languages stands a good chance of finding someone who understands her.

3 comments:

Santini said...

B.Babe looks quite babe-ish, standing in front of your bike. (She has quite a nice bike of her own, though.) Is that a boat behind that tree branch?
I am quite devastated by the news that I do not have an historically accurate poppy in my yard. I thought it might be a little too reddish. The childhood ones were quite orange, I think. Sigh.

Jimi said...

I can see changing the name of the lake from "Mud" to something else, but "Judy"?? Maybe "Blueberry" or "Pigsbottom"??
I just missed getting caught in the deluge myself. I even had a visit from the hail goddess.

Anonymous said...

I do like Alice's garden. I think she comments on Isabella's site now and then -- the Naples lady. Who also lives in Grand Rapids, it turns out. Small world. ~ Legend