Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday afternoon rush

Here's why you don't live here. This is Monday about 5:30 pm, looking east along I-94 from the Pelham Avenue Bridge.I hasten to point out that I was riding a bicycle so this traffic was really of no concern to me either. Looks bad though, doesn't it?

Amstel Gold, La Fleche Wallone, Liege-Bastogne-Liege. The remaining three spring classics this year. Paris-Roubaix is the Queen of the Classics, l'Enfer du Nord, so I guess I was a little excited. By LBL is la Doyenne, the oldest of the classics, one of the Monuments of European professional cycling. Eddie Merckx won it five times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is indeed why I don't live there. It was nice to see an Ozzy win the Paris Roubaix. Was he happy or what? So more Spring Classics to come? And the Giro not far off. I hope it's warm enough here to wear my pink jersey by then. Much cooler here than the temperatures indicated on your blog site.

Santini said...

BTW -- I love your little map.