Monday, April 2, 2007

Another weather report?

It honestly is my intention that this be a bicycle blog. But the weather this spring, except for that one day, has been so awful that every day seems like another description of how bad it is. I honestly intend to take a photo each day to illustrate the ride. The problem is that every day is so grey that the photos are all greyed out, lacking any sort of vibrant color, dull background, every picture the same. I am getting tired of it.

Today the sun was out when I got home but it quickly turned ugly. A system is moving in which the weather geeks predict will dump a goodly bit of snow here tomorrow. The temperature dropped, the wind picked up, my ride turned into another iteration of a familiar theme: not quite warm enough, too windy, too grey.

I wanted to take a picture but it was just too grey.

But I did happen to find this interesting pile of rocks around a tree in a front yard somewhere.
Let me see, there's a banded taconite, some sort of igneous rock with ferrous intrusions, a couple of fairly interesting looking granites, and there's a quartz intruded gabbro. OK, I made that up. I don't really know if it is gabbro or not. The banded taconite is banded taconite though, that one I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Those rocks look very familiar. I bet there is a story behind each one. Nice pic for a grey day.
BDE

Emily said...

Those rocks are AWFULLY familiar. I think I've seen them before....

EMEM

Anonymous said...

Okay, so we know your fans have seen those rocks before. I am officially suspicious of their location. Rain here, and snow to follow. The UP may get a foot or more. They won't see their rocks for a while.