Friday, April 13, 2007

County Cycles

I knew the back tire was a little soft. I noticed it the last time I rode and I intended to pump it back to the usual pressure before riding again. But with the snow and the 3 day delay between rides, I forgot. So I stopped at the local bike shop and they let me use their pump.I talked to both Ron and Scott. Ron owns the shop, he expects tomorrow to be the busiest day of the year. It is now clearly spring, weather prediction for tomorrow is sunny and finally average temperature or above, near 60. Ron is predicting that customers will flock to the shop with visions of bicycling dancing in their heads.

I had a brief chat with Scott about my brakes. Scott is the person who used to adjust them for me and who still provides perspective on the whole cantilever brake adjustment experience. Scott is one of 3 young mechanics (Joe and Dan are the others) at the shop who do not own cars. As described in information circulated in connection with the shop's spring open house, 3 mechanics, 0 cars, 4 seasons, 23 years accumulated bicycle commuting. That's real hard core.

It was a nice day for a ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the LBS. Good choice. Colorful, too. And if they aren't going to be hard core, who is?