Friday, September 19, 2014

Warm

We finally had some warm weather today.  Unfortunately someone forgot to inform the clear and sunny people.  It remained steadfastly heavily overcast throughout the day.  It was ugly and warm.

The sun appeared a couple of times for less than a couple of miles of the entire ride.  It always, ALWAYS felt like the whole deal could easily degenerate into precipitation.  And it was windy.  Too windy.  But there was no rain.  Everything ended up being just fine.  And it WAS at last warm.

I rode downhill into the wind to start out which brought me back up through the actual campus.  Where I live Fairview Avenue is a major thoroughfare.  I was amused to find that over on the farm campus it is only a field road eventually passing back through this spot where they are getting ready to process the Rosemount (the south metro agriculture outpost of the U) corn silage through that chopper attached to the red tractor into that building and those two huge silos.
Pretty ding darn agrarian would be my take.

Which leads to this and some rider confusion.  I was at the Cattle Barn yesterday and it was definitely an English hunt crowd.  Today it is overwhelmingly cowboy.
But, as advertised, 74 at the Cattle Barn at 2:30, at long last warm.  But ugly, very ugly.

1 comment:

TOPWLT when not on a trip said...

Well, I thought I only missed a day of my usual computer routine but this afternoon I discovered FOUR new posts!(The last time I checked from Massachusetts there was nothing new.) It was very fun to find out about the bike rides and see all the great pictures.

The artificial turf is my favorite oddity and the picture of Lake Vadnais is my favorite photo.