Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cow country

I got a major late start today, not leaving the house until early in the 4th quarter.  I kept thinking it was going to warm up outside but it never really did.  It was sunny and 62 or so, plenty comfortable for a ride but a bit of a come down from yesterday's 74 at the Cattle Barn.

Speaking of cattle, fall is starting to be evident even at this piece of cow country.
This one appealed to me.  Most of the tree is still resolutely and luxuriantly green but the tips of some of the branches are showing another color.
Starting out that late I didn't finish up until the sun was pretty low in the sky.  I had totally forgotten that glare that you get when headed into the sun late afternoon in the Fall.  I am nearly blinded by the glare, it makes me pretty dang nervous to think of what people in cars can see.  I now remember that especially in the Fall I prefer to ride earlier in the day.

2 comments:

Santini said...

I love the shadows filtering the light on the cows. Nice.

Rain and big winds here today.

Mrs. Smith said...

Cows!