Thursday, September 25, 2014

Down to the Falls

TOPWLH is back in town which meant that I had a Guest Rider today.  She strongly supports the idea of the ride actually going somewhere when she is along so I headed across some pavement I don't like at all.  I took a direct route which meant a half mile or so on freshly done chip and seal but got us all the way to the Falls with a low enough total miles to allow a ride home circling around the tiny oil covered bits of gravel.
An amazingly high flow for this late in the year.  Some years by late spring you don't have this volume of water going over the edge.

At the park we both remarked that virtually every tree was still almost completely green.  That changed, however, shortly after we got back outside the boundaries of the park onto the river road.
It was a nice day, suitable for early September, 72F at the Cattle Barn on the way home.

2 comments:

TOPWLH said...

Nice pictures. I have already downloaded them and put them on my FB page. Thanks.
Nice ride, too.

Santini said...

Photos of the falls are always fun to see.