Saturday, September 27, 2014

Too hard

What are you supposed to do when you have a day in the very late part of September which would be a perfect day in August.  What you are supposed to do is overdo.  And we did.

I have been meaning to post something about our house corner shrubbery.  With the advent of the BNT the corner shrubbery has come out from behind that diseased blue spruce to bask in a spot which we can actually see.  And it looks gorgeous.

The problem has been that the shrubbery is in a spot which will only photograph well in the morning with a southeastern sun angle.  I take most of my photographs in the afternoon with a southwestern sun angle.  A southwestern sun angle puts the shrubbery in unflattering shade.

Today when I went out to pick up the newspaper I took my camera with me.
It is one of several shrubberies which are called burning bush because in the fall with the bright red foliage it appears to be a burning bush.

Nice shrub, don't you think?

With temperatures pushing above 80 we went ahead and overdid.  I may have mentioned that the GRider prefers a destination and wind conditions today indicated a destination over in the largest nearby city again.  We got all of the way to Lake of the Isles.
It was a great day to be out and I am able to report that the number of our fellow citizens taking advantage of the opportunity to ride on the Midtown Greenway was commensurate with the quality of the day.

Too many people.

And we ended up trying too hard (mostly my fault).  We arrived home knackered.  There was some inkling from the back of the peloton about calling Wireless for an emergency transportation from under some tree somewhere (practicing our sitting in the shade) to our garage.  Ultimately that proved unnecessary but I don't condemn GRider for raising the possibility.  It was quite warm for this time of year and frankly I was feeling it too.

But home we are.  It was too hard but sometimes the only way to make any progress is to try too hard.

3 comments:

Mrs Smith said...

I swear it was against the wind in both directions (at least on the hills). It was such a beautiful day, though, and so nice to be outdoors. I managed to make it home without calling Wireless. Life is good.

Jimi said...

That burning bush is pretty striking. I don't think I've ever noticed it before.

Santini said...

Very pretty bush.