Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Power plant

I rode solo today but still managed to locate several of the important landmarks.  I rode the inland route to the north, first heading away from the lake all the way to 160th because they have some really nice pretty new pavement over there.  Everyone loves a smooth road.

Even a smooth road ends somewhere, however, and here is the end of the road.
You can tell that is true because the sign says "Road Ends".

I have been to the PSPS twice now, this is my first photograph of that hallowed spot for this calendar year.
I rode up the highway across the Pigeon River to the power plant.  They have a giant industrial sized pile of coal behind the building.  I sorta caught a glimpse of it through the trees at an angle before you actually get to the building.  Once you draw even with the building the coal is obscured.

What you cannot see cannot hurt you, I guess.

Here's the turn around point.
The wind was fairly strong off the lake so I chose to ride home along the path on Lakeshore.  I was hoping to shelter from lake breeze behind the dunes.  It worked fairly well and I was able to get a this year's photo of Stonehenge.
We came the closest we have come yet to having a sunset.  Here is a picture of my FT sitting on the deck while we wait expectantly.  What we are waiting for is best seen in the reflection in the window behind her.
Alas, the low lying clouds obscured the magic moment but on the other hand it is the most scenic we have yet seen this season.
We are having a fun and relaxing time, the weather has been peachy, the company outstanding.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Marathon blogging -- a new summer reading festival event.

Some really nice photos. It was a good day.