Friday, August 8, 2014

Kirk Park

Today we got to the last "required" stop on the FT's destination list, Kirk Park.  And a good thing too, because her rental goes back tomorrow.  They have a sort of pavilion there kind of like the one at Tunnel Park albeit considerably smaller and less grand.
That's a longish ride but one we were pleased to complete as it was our hostess's first time out there this year.  It was, she reports, also her longest ride of the year (it was also the FT's longest ride of the year).

There were actually quite a few more people out there than show up in the photo, in fact it was the largest crowd we have ever seen there.  The people, though are down the path just off frame camera right.  By just panning to the left there I have copletely rendered thenm for the pruposes of photography non-existent.  I can feel the power going to my head.

The horizon hugging cloud bank this evening was thick again and extended further up than the last couple of nights.  I noticed a gaggle of expensive looking gear with long lenses hanging out at the association south access.  I can report that they probably didn't get a decent shot either.

But this is the same computer I have brought to Michigan in other years.  I have to download the photos from my camera to the computer before I can upload them to blogger.  Therefore I have access to some archival material.

Sunset from 2011.
I can feel the power going to my head.

1 comment:

Mrs Smith said...

Wow, that is an amazing sunset picture. Dramatic and gorgeous. I may have said that 3 years ago but I don't remember.
I also like the picture of Mrs Smith looking pretty nonchalant after riding half of the longest ride of the year.