Tuesday, August 19, 2014

30 percent chance

A much lower probability but a much more threatening day.  I started out under threatening skies and finished with pretty much the same.  It WAS pretty dang nice for the middle 20 or so miles.

Eventually 30 percent succeeded where yesterday 80 percent failed.  It did in fact rain, in fact it rained really, really hard.  For about three minutes.  Three minutes still counts.

Something big is coming to the neighborhood.
That trash container has been placed by the Fair people but I find it noteworthy because it is at least 5 or 6 blocks away from the nearest spot where you can pay the admission price and be admitted to the actual Fair.

I also like the biking family.  I encountered dad, daughter and son first on Larpenteur.  I turn left and go through Maple Knoll to cross Snelling then cut back towards this street (Pascal).  They were on the sidewalk when I saw them on Larpenteur and I assume they continued up to Snelling and crossed in the crosswalk at the light.  I was on Pascal and crossed just in front of them as they approached that street on the first street south of Larpenteur (California if you must know).  I spotted this photo opportunity and hooked down Nebraska to find a better camera angle.  Fairly obviously they had turned on Pascal and were coming along behind me.  As luck would have it the family rode past just as I was lining up the shot.  That's Dad and daughter, son was lagging a bit behind at this point and missed out on being on my blog.

I thought it was really sweet.

I thought this was fun, it is always good to be told by a public utility that you are doing great.
And I get to use the word "redacted".  Certain portions of the document were redacted in the interests of maintaining some level of privacy.  Not everyone in the blogosphere needs to know my actual address.  In addition, I suspected that the bar code at the bottom of the address may have contained all of that information anyway for bar code savvy internet cruisers.  Anyway, I redacted that stuff.

Redaction seems like fun.

I attribute our standing in this survey to the fact that we are comfortable at temperatures in the 70s and therefore this summer's mostly 70s weather means that we have not run our air conditioner very much at all.  And who doesn't want to save about $537 per year?

Tech note, it is completely possible with my scanner, and probably most scanners, to scan a document to a jpeg.  Blogger will not allow you to upload a pdf with the add photo function.

2 comments:

Santini said...

You're a two smiley face user.

Hmmmmm.

Rained a lot here, large puddles in the hood and elsewhere.

Jimi said...

Do you have a lot of LED bulbs? Nice electric bill.

It's just about time for the Fair to restrict your bike itinerary. What's the story with the white trash can?