Saturday, August 16, 2014

A/C

It was overcast most of the afternoon and while I was riding it did seem like it was cool.  The real nature of the day was revealed when I stopped riding when I got home.  Instant sweat.

The temperature isn't that high but the humidity is and later on this afternoon when the sun finally came out it became downright sultry.  OK, not dog days of summer record breaking August sultry.  But unpleasant enough considering how cool it has been.  We closed up the house and activated the A/C.  We both feel that sleeping isn't likely to be restful when you have to breathe air heavy with moisture.

I have been riding, like, a lot.  I don't feel completely great just about any day lately but I seem to be on a slightly off again on again schedule where one day I feel a little better and the next I feel a little worse.  Today was the little bit better day.

The GRider actually noticed this on yesterday's ride.
She commented on it by I was already past and didn't really get a look.  It is a complete coincidence that I rode past it again today, I had zero intention of going to look for it.  But this time I did notice it and this time I did stop for a closer examination.

These people are really, really pushing the parameters of this whole little free library movement.  I didn't actually see this yesterday but I responded to the GRider's description with the comment that apparently all they need is an espresso machine.

2 comments:

TOPWLH said...

I was wondering if you would ride by it. I walked today and saw one on my way to Cub to do some grocery shopping. It was much smaller and calmer. This one seems a bit frenetic or disjointed or something.
I think it is cool that they are doing this, though. It even has a section for kids.

Santini said...

Listen to your body. It's a rule.

The sign says "home of a Raider." Are we raiding libraries now?

Book sharing is a nice idea, I think.