Saturday, August 2, 2014

Guests riding

I rode down to the local bike shop with my FT following along a few minutes later with the hostess in the truck.  I had a fabulous tail wind and set a new PR for trips from the mountain to Cross Country Cycles.  At the shop the FT rented a bicycle and out we went for a ride on roads we have ridden some before but fairly obviously roads with which we are less familiar than our normal rides.

For instance, we do not have any trees whatsoever where we live that produce this display.  Those are yellow flowers.
We road along at first stopping fairly regularly.  The gear she wanted to ride produced noises from the rear of the bike.  She watched me attempt the adjustment the first three or four times and then started turning the barrel adjuster on the rear derailer for herself.  Scott recommends when messing with the barrel adjusters to start with extremely small adjustments.  So we first tried a quarter turn away (facing the rear of the bicycle) from the frame, then another eighth turn or so, with limited success.  Eventually we went back to the original adjustment spot and started trying quarter turns in the other direction. Eventually she got it quiet enough that she was able to ride without complaint.

Until we rode past scruff face cemetery, that is.
I better be careful, I could find myself in court defending a libel lawsuit.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Cute. I hope to get to ride with you both sometime soon. And I have no idea what kind of tree that is.