Thursday, August 7, 2014

One guess

It appears that the big Kirk Park expedition is being lined up for tomorrow.  I ride, like, a lot, so I headed out again today, this time solo.

Middle of the day midweek in Western Michigan is quite similar to what it is like where I  live.  The major difference is that there are a lot more people where I live so when you winnow down the number of people here who are out and about you can find yourself out in the middle of nowhere with not a soul and sometimes not even a house anywhere within sight.

Cool.

OK, then.  I am going to give a clue and then everyone will get one guess what was the destination of today's ride.  Here's the clue:
Overpass aka "Hill" for scale.

Just looking around not a single person seems to be having the slightest difficulty with this one, I guess I made it too easy.

OK, hands down now, everyone got it right.  100 percent.
That place is well known to be a little sketchy and I briefly wondered whether it was wise to photograph these individuals coming out the door.  Then when the fellow off behind the store drove away and those other two took a good long look at me before going back inside, I decided that it was time to mosey along.

The white tee shirt guy came back outside and watched me ride away.

But all  is well and it was another perfect day for a perfect ride in scenic West Michigan.  I do not actually have my bike log here which introduces at least the possibility of error but I am pretty sure that today's mileage moves me past 2,000 miles for the year.  Also, Michigan Blue has moved into second place for bicycles with most miles ridden this year.

It seems as though there is going to be a horizon hugging bank of clouds over the lake every single night at sundown.  That was the case again tonight.
That's about the best I have been able to do.

2 comments:

Santini said...

That ride is a stretch for me -- but I like it for the same reason. Miles of scenic countryside, mostly all to myself.

Jimi said...

Very nice sunset, even with the bank of clouds.