Thursday, July 3, 2014

Perfect evening

The weather sites said mostly sunny.  Instead during the time I was riding it was mostly cloudy.  But I am not complaining, it was a little bit warmer and occasional sun sure beats leaden overcast.  After I finished up the sun emerged and it is holy heck really nice outside right now.

Just now checking the Bicycle 14 picture file it dawned on me that I had not been out to Vadnais since June 3.

A month.

A light northwest wind today made Vadnais the logical place for me to ride.
See, mostly cloudy but with some sun poking through here and there lighting up parts of the scene.

I was a bit surprised by how many people were out in public on a work day.  Maybe they were getting an early start on the holiday weekend.  I am also a little surprised by how the use pattern is working out out there.  For example, there is lots of fishing, as expected, at the lower parking lot.  But there are lots of people walking down from the upper parking lot rod and tackle box in hand.

Vadnais is always a great destination.  I was surprised to find it had been a month.  When I got home I discovered that I had posted my highest average speed for any ride so far this year.

I am starting to feel just vaguely strong.  I love my bicycle.

2 comments:

Santini said...

A light north wind of some sort is needed for a ride that long. It's a really pretty spot, though.

TOPWLH said...

I miss Lake Vadnais. I must get my stamina up.
Lovely photo.