Thursday, July 10, 2014

Kittel flats and some other German guy wins the stage

I guess to be fair about it someone (probably me since this is my blog) should mention that Greipel IS the German national champion.  But what's the deal with that?  Does this mean they don't let Jan Ullrich enter the national championships anymore?  Because I have heard that he is a giant beast of a man.

I am beginning to contemplate life with futbol but before we move on to that I would like to revisit my predictions for the Copa.  Which were:  Argentina and Germany in the final.  Argentina winning the Cup.  Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.

Without futbol I was forced to ride my bicycle again today.  Don't cry for me Argentina, I like riding my bicycle.

There are road paving projects going on just to my east and also just to my west.  What this means is that it is now officially impossible to ride my bicycle out of my street without getting several dozen oil covered pebbles stuck to my tires.  I ride until I am out of mess and then stop to clean my tires.  When I get home I stop before riding into the driveway (because I don't want the pebbles in my driveway) and clean my tires.  This is a fairly significant damper on the enjoyment level of the ride.

A mostly south wind of not very significant velocity coaxed me over into the big city immediately to my south.  I crossed the Marshall Avenue bridge and cut south along the river road to the Falls.  I think I got two different nice views of the continuing high water over there.  The first is from the end of the gorge.
There were a couple of other people there pointing their phones at the Falls.  What's up with that?  One of them said, too many trees.

I disagree.

This is from over by the rock wall next to the Falls.
Please note that at the second location I managed to avoid the inclination to take a video with my inexpensive pocket camera held in the orientation which produced this image.

See?  Trainable.  Probably a bit dim but definitely trainable.

There's probably an explanation in there somewhere for why the water remains so high at Grass Lake.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Don't forget that GC contender who withdrew. What was his name again? Not crying for him either, Argentina. (Nice line, by the way.)

The falls are amazing.