Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Auckland rule

It probably gets worse than this on the Hauraki Gulf.  Today was warm enough, sunny enough and entirely too windy.

It's OK, I am a grown up and if I decide to go out anyway I am expected to just DEAL with it.  I made it home safely and not much the worse for wear.

Entirely too windy.

I ride past this on the downhill into the wind western loop.  I have looked at it quizzically a couple of times in the past and today I decided to share.
It's whimsical.  Is it a tree?  Or maybe a picture of a tree?  Or a tree seen in a mirror?

Futbol?  I picked Germany but no person on the planet could reasonably have expected 7-1.  It's like the Germans aren't even supposed to celebrate because it would be unseemly to be happy in the face of such complete devastation for the Brazilian fans.

Amazing game.

In TdF news, down goes Froomy, down goes Froomy.  Here's a quote from the CyclingNews story about Froomy's trip to the medical center after the conclusion of the stage:

"Doctors said that there was no break visible on the x-ray, but a further examination would be needed to confirm that diagnosis."

4 comments:

Santini said...

The morning got away from me, and though I'd turned on the TV to the right channel, I missed most of the stage. Thanks for the update. (Hard to be sad about Froomy, though. He's not a sympathetic character -- unless he's standing next to Contador.)

Windy here too, but rideable. I had a good ride story, too -- but it got trumped by other stuff I needed to blog about. Maybe I'll write it up tomorrow.

Jimi said...

Unbelievable futbol game. That German machine will be hard to stop.

That's an odd place to station a picture frame. And slightly unnerving.

Santini said...

Cobblestones! In the rain. Some discussion by the commentators about removing a couple of sectors of them, but it could still be a "last man standing" kind of day. Entertainment.

TOPWLH said...

It is whimsical. I like it.