Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I am not a plumber

It wasn't a terribly unpleasant day.  It was quite cool for July 1 and it rained two or three times.  Bicycling never ever seemed like a good option.  That's OK, my legs have been feeling like they need a day off and it turned out to be a great day for futbol.

Thanks to everyone who took notice of my plumbing woes.  Special thanks to those who were able to take an active role in doing something about it.
I only had to do the things I am comfortable doing, which is to say, pretty much nothing at all except for holding the pipe and stuff like that.

There is a pleasant side effect to the whole deal.  The old arrangement was pretty noisy.  A new pump and some rubber attachments in the pipes have rendered the whole thing fairly silent.  It used to occasionally startle me alert.  Now I have to really pay attention to hear if it is running often.

*smile*

3 comments:

Santini said...

It looks neat, clean and professionally done. (Except for the rock.) Good decision.

Santini said...

It occurs to me that you have a close relative who is really good with tools. (I'm a little slow.)

Unknown said...

Plumbers are professionals and I think that sometimes we have to accept our limitations. I felt exactly like you did when we had to call out a plumber for a leaking pipe in the kitchen. I tried to fix it, but I just made matters worse. The plumber quickly found the fault and our pipe was as good as new.