Friday, July 4, 2014

Cross blog?

I almost think this should go on the cooking blog.

Has anyone else seen these?
3 for a buck.  Which is pretty dang expensive for kraut, even "Quality Kraut".  But TOPWLH and the P-ster were going to go to the track today (I begged off, futbol don't ya know).  The deal at the track on the Fourth of July is free hot dogs.  The dogs are free but the condiment selection is severely lacking.  Our family tradition is to bring our own mustard (although anyone who knows me will know that I always maintain that the cheap yellow mustard is a GOOD mustard) and kraut.  Packing a tupperware container of kraut isn't THAT difficult but geez, singles?  Way, way easier.

Convenience rules.

I admit to fairly significant disappointment with the results of both futbol games today.  But at least I was able to get in a ride between games.

Something is going on, I feel like there is climate change or something.  Today was plenty warm for May and actually even OK for July but really totally not what my DNA says July 4th should be like.  The sun came out for about 0.4 miles at about the 17.56 mark of the ride.  Otherwise, complete cloud cover.

Ugly.

But I did find something that I am pretty excited about.

The last time the temperature clock at the east Grandstand at the Fairgrounds was featured on this blog was September 17, 2011.  It should be apparent from the photo taken that day that something was out of order.
Today after almost three years without a display on that board here is what I came across today.
So in the spirit of many, many posts of the past I can today report:

WG:  77,  CB:  74,  EG:  77.

Isn't that fun?

It was a little strange over there today, this must be the only weekend of the relatively temperate season when there are no events scheduled anywhere on the grounds.

Le Tour starts tomorrow.  Boy oh boy, tomorrow is going to be a busy, busy TV day.

The TdF TV broadcast kicks off at 5am (6 eastern) but according to the VeloNews official Tour de France guide the race actually starts at 6 (7 eastern).  It's Leeds to Harrogate (yes, ANOTHER start for le Tour in a country other than France).  There are 3 categorized climbs (2 cat 3 and a cat 4) but 60km from the last climb to the finish.  It looks like a sprinters' stage.  A start in England has lots of folks declaring Cavendish the favorite.  I like that big German fellow, Kittel.

The Wimbledon women's will be on during at least an hour of the race, I don't know what to do.  I really like this new Canadian kid, Eugenie Bouchard.  She is 20, was the Wimbledon "Girls" champion (under 19) two years ago.  Furthermore her mother is some sort of royalty geek so Eugenie and her twin sister Beatrice are named after those crazy hat wearing princess daughters of Andrew.  And incidentally 7th and 6th in the line of succession to be monarch.  Obviously the Brits are fans.  I am too, she doesn't scream like Sharapova or Serena or Azerenko or Kvitova for that matter.  The time has come for the cheaters to be ousted from the game.  Deliberately distracting your opponent by making a loud noise IS cheating.  I am certain I am going to have to watch at least some of that.

And then comes the futbol.  Holland and Argentina.

If anyone needs to contact me I will be in front of my television.

1 comment:

Santini said...

There are some happy Brazilians, though.

7 am -- not much else going on that time of day.