Friday, August 10, 2012

I voted today

I'm going to be out of town for the really important primary election voting day next week so I voted absentee today at City Hall.  The person who helped me fill out the application there was a mother of a couple of girls who played on a few of our softball teams.

Hardly anyone is going to guess her identity based on the clues I am going to give but I suspect that if she thinks about it carefully TCWUTH already knows.

So here's a few more: two girls, one a year older than the other, never both on the same team together, the elder only a couple of times, the younger several times.  The younger also enjoys the distinction of having appeared at least once to play softball wearing jellies, which girls of a certain age, and their mothers, will be able to identify as cheap, soft plastic sandals, clearly not appropriate foot gear for the task of, for example, running to first base.

I know, I know, the jellies clue makes it way, WAY to easy.

Anyway, it was nice to see a familiar face, we had a nice chat while the other lady who was working there today was preparing the actual ballot.

I voted pretty much according to the desires of one of my neighbors.
Actually, not all of those races were being contested in the primary, but I did vote for Betty and Mary Jo.  Alice, John and the constitutional amendment were not on my ballot this time.  I also voted for Karen and Lorie.  So much for secret ballot, I guess.

Today's trivia for Minnesota residents only:  identify Lorie.

I wanted to get a picture of the road at Lake Vadnais.  The road will disappear after this year, next year the route out there will be a multi-use path, a bike path/sidewalk.  So there won't be cars at all next to the lake, people will have to walk in to fish.

A result of the change is that the road is not being maintained at all this summer.  There are a couple of quite bad spots.
There are at least half a dozen other holes in the road which are less severe, almost of no import for a car, but matters of considerable consequence for an inattentive bicyclist.  You could be very sorry for riding into any one of those very many road hazards.

2 comments:

Jimi said...

Supreme Court incumbent candidate:
LORIE SKJERVEN GILDEA

Good on ya, for voting absentee in the primary. Everyone should be so diligent.

Retired Professor said...

We don't have a DFL here.

All that road needs is a little chip and seal. (Sarcasm.)

Looks like a nice day there. I hope it moves east quickly.