Sunday, August 5, 2012

Deer agree to pose

I didn't get in a ride yesterday despite several hours when riding seemed not only possible but also like a really good idea. Instead the two of us scheduled activities together.

She has had a very full schedule since arriving back in this hemisphere. By her calculation she had not been on a bicycle since early July. Today we fixed that.

Today for some reason the deer agreed to pose.
Mama and baby showed only a tiny bit of caution at our presence, keeping their distance but never really bolting for the woods.

Junior put on a display of leaping and cavorting that was pretty entertaining.
The GRider also agreed to pose. In case it is not obvious this whole shot is a complete set up.
She said, give me a "hello" and I will look over my shoulder like I am surprised.

It was a beautiful day out there.
We rode out to Sucker Lake and checked in on the beaver.
An older gentleman on foot, I am pretty sure his name must have been Bob, stopped to chat. He said what he has heard is that the trapping program has been successful and the beaver population has been reduced to zero.

On the other hand he knew nothing about the earlier back hoe attempts or the efforts being exerted with a hand shovel by his fellow Bob.

I figured out how to edit the HTML to center the video.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Quite nice video -- I believe you predicted this outcome. I held out hope that the beaver would win. (Bob could be wrong, even yet.)

Very attractive posing by GRider.

Deer are vermin. Appealing vermin, but still vermin.