Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hooray, hooray . . .

Today had a 40 percent chance of rain.  I can do the math, that means 3 times out of five it WON'T rain.  Good enough.

And then it turned out to be really nice.  It took a while to warm up but eventually it was 70 or nearly so with the sun shining.

It WAS windy.

So here is a picture I took today of a bakery.
It is located in a strip mall near one of my riding routes so I went by.  I have actually only been in the place once that I can remember but I do specifically remember that it was more a patisserie than a boulangerie.

Actually, it was more like a sheet cake place.

So I took a couple of other pictures. I call this one shortage of inflated egos.
Actually, I suspect the event just hasn't begun yet.

Here the tulips seem a little bit past prime but that's the flower yard that will make several more appearances this year.
It occurred to me that I go past that yard on a specific loop that early season wind and weather conditions has made quite a bit less regular than it will be later in the year when warm and relatively windless will dominate.

So I threatened to comb through the archives for bakery pictures and I have done it.

Here is the boulangerie that I use from a couple of years ago during construction on Selby Avenue.
Here's the Paris boulangerie that will be recognizable to the largest number.  It is the one on Rue Saint Honoré nearest the flat from two years ago. I also suspect that many will recognize that ATM next door as well.


But here is my personal favorite, to date. The boulangerie from last year on Île de la Cité near Notre Dame.
Bonjour madame, un sandwich s'il vous plaît, jambon et fromage.

3 comments:

Santini said...

MMMM. I love some good jambon et fromage. Avec mustard?

Retired Professor said...

Anybody know what a cake pop is? (Sign in the window of the Roseville Bakery.)

Nice bench.

Jimi said...

That boulangerie near Notre Dame from last summer is my favorite spot, too. They had the best pastries in all of Paris, or, at least, of the places I ate. I could stand an eclaire chocolate right now.