Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A day in May

I bought more memory from Google.  $2.50 per month recurring until I cancel but I get 25 gigabytes of additional memory which I can use in any way I wish, including for the storage of photos on Picasa.  Previous to the purchase I had 1.023 GB of photos on Picasa, above the allowable 1 GB.  I am now good to continue.

I really had no destination in mind today. The wind was pretty light and I felt OK but after an erratic riding schedule of late I was a little uncertain of fitness. But once I got out there it was a nice enough day, about 60, the sun was shining, I took the 8 lakes tour.

I ride through here a lot and haven't seen this before. It is in the Snail Lake regional park, the wetland area is along the road south of Sucker Lake before you come to the parking lot often littered with broken glass.
I was standing there looking at the new construction when another citizen came riding up. His bicycle and costume did not immediately suggest that we would have much in common but as often happens in modern civilization it turned out that the beavers provided plenty enough fodder for a bit of conversation.

We speculated on live trap or extermination, discussed what a pest and burden beavers can be and finally agreed that the beavers have been very busy.

Then we were both on our way.

Fishing opener is Saturday but there were still plenty of fisher people at Lake Vadnais. You can't actually see any in this photo but I could hear them chatting about the bite from where I was standing.
The reason why people are fishing before the fishing opener is that what is called the fishing opener is the actual opening date of the season for walleye, the most popular target species. The season for panfish never actually closes.

Something leaped out of the water right in front of me while I was there to I suspect snatch food out of mid air (a bass?) but the guy nearest to where I was standing was catching little tiny sunfish.

It was a nice enough day for all except the sunfish.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Ah, Vadnais. It appears to have greened up some since last time I LOOKed at it.

Jimi said...

Welcome back to blogging. I was afraid that the Picasa memory limit was going to put your blog into the end of days.

It was indeed a fine day in May.