Thursday, May 10, 2012

Guest rider

I don't keep a separate log but I do note her appearances on my log so I can report with some certainty that the Guest Rider made her first appearance last year on May 28.  I was tempted to chide her for missing so many great bicycling days so far this year but all things considered  she is two and a half weeks ahead of last year's pace.

It was a beautiful day (including being warm enough to entice the delicate flower out of the hot house) but a first ride of the season is NO time for distance records or for the 8 lakes tour.  We stayed pretty close to home but did manage to make it to one lake, the closest one.
She never actually complained but she did at one point remark that she WAS feeling a little wobbly.  We steered the train towards home.  Well actually I steered the train towards home.

I had it in mind that this clown was a sad clown and thought that some word play could be derived from that.  I imagined something along the lines of one of them appears to have something to smile about.
Alas, the clown has upturned corners on its wooden mouth.

Very nice day, eventually topping 70, we rode our bicycles.

2 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

It was a gorgeous day and it felt SO good to be back on my bike.

Santini said...

Shorts? (Sigh) Welcome back, Mrs. Smith.

Looks like Como to me, I could be wrong.

Funny little accordion playing clown.