Monday, October 8, 2007

It's starting to get dark

I had an interesting bicycle maintenance moment today. I, for the first time this year for sure, probably quite a bit longer, forgot my water bottles when I started out on my ride. I only got a couple of miles before I noticed. I turned around and came home and picked up the water.

On the way back I was hearing a vague, very faint, high frequency, intermittent squeak. This noise was completely new so my first thought was of what I had changed recently. Of course, I just had the back wheel off to repair the flat so I decided to check the quick release to make sure it was solid and also to look at the brake to make sure it wasn't rubbing.

I got off the bike at the garage door and before I had a chance to do anything else I noticed that a leaf was stuck in the rear brake. Squeak cured.

I decided to try to photograph a barn but they are fairly rare in a large city. I got a picture of this one on the fair grounds.It doesn't look much like a barn, it definitely doesn't have the classic shape. But it does have a sign that says "Barn" so I think it is a barn. And that stuff on the sidewalk in the foreground of the photo had the definite odor of a substance commonly found in a barn. Yup, barn.

I found this thing that has the correct shape. And if you can read the sign above the door, it says "Cattle barn". But I am not sure it is a barn. If you read the sign next to the building you will discover that it seems to be identified as the "Dairy cattle teaching center."Actually, I am fairly certain that it is a barn.

As is probably fairly obvious, it is starting to be dark pretty early.

Nantes tied Dijon 0-0. They return to even on points with LeHavre, first place on goal differential.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really, quite nice urban barns. It is stuff like the Pottery Barn that I would scoff at. These count. -- Gale force winds forecast for this afternoon, water spouts and lake effect rain tomorrow. I think I abandoned the beach house just in time. SS