Sunday, October 28, 2007

Above average fall day

We had an at least unofficial freezing temperature overnight and a chilly morning but it was glorious this afternoon.

I took a short ride. The buzz is that the fall color peak is past here. Someone forgot to tell these maple trees lined up along the east side of Langford Park.On the way home I heard a car accident. I was coasting up to Garden and Snelling, expecting to cross, looking behind me to check traffic, when KABOOM. No life threatening injuries but two police squads, an ambulance and a fire truck convened. The ambulance did get used by the passenger in the smaller car who looked to have an arm injury which was causing some pain. The fire guys casually did a little sweeping and made sure after the tow that no gasoline had been left on the street. One of the officers asked me if I saw it. I told him I was there but I was looking the other direction.

The rest of the day will be devoted to raking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The buzz must be wrong. That is some pretty intense color. Sounds like another nice day for a bike ride.

Anonymous said...

The maples are putting on a pretty good show This can't go on much longer. TT