Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A rain day is a rest day

I got a pretty late start today and as a result the sun was hurrying towards the horizon by the time I was hurrying towards home. This collection of color is located right at the end of my street. I think the angle of the sun makes a nice effect.I was reminded by today's ride that a day off always makes me stronger. I felt very good, I felt strong, I felt fast. And that is always fun.

I got a "nice bike" today. I am not sure it counts towards the running total of bicycle compliments though. It came from a group of skater kids who I am pretty sure were playing a game of "who can get the most adults to acknowledge them?" The skater girl who came up with "I really like your bike" scored a point in the game as I gave her back a "Thank you." However, it has since occurred to me that she may have been sincere. After all, my bike is black and I believe black is one of the basic skater colors. So maybe she really did like my bike, in a skater sort of way.

Check out the May 8 post at this blog. Separated at birth?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Uncanny resemblance. If only he were wearing a baseball cap instead of feathers . . . The jacket with orange around the collar is so you. Of course, you are MUCH younger.

Nice foliage picture. You must live in a good neighborhood.

Santini said...

Very, very pretty trees. The guy with the feathers? Your uncle, maybe. Not a twin, for sure.