Sunday, May 27, 2007

Correct choice

I often say you make the decision based on the best information you have available at the time you have to decide. Then you live with the consequences knowing that you did the best you could in making the decision.

So I did not want to go. The morning's fuss over the race had the effect of heightening my interest and I found myself wanting to stay and watch. But the sky was absolutely clear, absolutely gorgeous blue. The temperature passed through the 60 barrier and I found myself knowing that I would be sorry if I did not ride. I got on my bike and rode out.

Really, really nice ride. It was 71 as I pulled back into the garage. And low and behold, it rained in Indianapolis. They are on a rain delay on lap 113. So I saw almost 40 laps before I went and I will see the last 87. So I made the right decision.

Here is a cemetery in Roseville all decked out for Memorial Day. There is nothing unusual about that. This is a pretty common scene all around the country. If anything, this one looks a bit underdecorated compared to many. And it should. If you look closely you will notice that the front two stones commemorate Coco and Bon Bon and that the engravings on the stones are poodles. This picture is of my bicycle in front of the Roseville Pet Cemetery. Yesterday from Ligue 1: Lyon 3:1 FC Nantes. The season is complete and the next game Nantes plays will be against Ligue 2 opposition.

Speaking of France and tulips, I searched around in my photo folder as I thought I had one that might do justice to the Quincy Street tulip farm. I don't think I succeeded but this is the most tulips I had in one image. This photo is from the gardens at Chateau de Villandry. This Loire chateau is famous for its decorative gardens, but mostly for intricately planted and trimmed hedges. I think they also plant these tulips to provide entertainment early in the growing season before the main attractions completely fill out.This photo was taken during our drive across France in late April 2006.

They are getting ready to re-start that race thing. I think I will go watch. I note Tony Kanaan as the current leader and Ashley Judd's husband running fifth. Milka Duno is out of the race. What happened to her? And what health problem is Jim Nabors recovering from which rendered him unable to sing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice tulips.

Jimi said...

Nice graveyard. I like the tulips, too. I also immensely enjoyed the buildup to the big race and especially the prognostications. It was way more fun than the race. 19 comments has to be a record for your blog, too. And several of them evoked out and out guffaws from the Herbster.

What happened to Danika? I missed the last 10 miles due to tennis obligations.

Santini said...

That whole race thing was quite fun -- and funny. Thanks for orchestrating the goofiness.

Anonymous said...

We did not determine the prize for the winner. How about a pound of blueberries?