Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Greatest hits tour

I did indeed have a Guest Rider today which called for a tour of some of her favorite things.  That is, her favorite things which are off the beaten path of her automobile excursions and which are too far away to be reached on foot, even at E-speed.  Sort of her bicycle greatest hits.

So, here are some.  CB 72 at 2pm.

Boulevard of exotic flora.
It is also pretty exotic fauna considering that she hasn't been anywhere near those plants for about 8 months or so.

She identified the one thing I was wrong about as hostas.

There are stakes in the ground and signs of ground disturbance meaning that some planting has occurred.  Meaning that some of the plants ARE annuals.  We both express surprise at the large number that are perennial.  At the time we were there late last fall when that thing was at full growth it looked so extremely exotic that we guessed that very little of it could be over wintering.

We were only about half right.

We saw the artificial turf lawn.

That route leads to Como.
She did very well for a first time out this year (in Minnesota, we are not going to count, at least for now, the Flor-ida miles).  She got 15 round it off to 16, a very strong start.

The pace was not particularly punishing.

Our lilac bush is really pretty today. 
Today's bicycle maintenance content is the resetting of the clock function on GRider's bicycle computer.  As we neared home she inquired if it could really be 2:33?  Her clock function was showing 1:33 but she was pretty sure that it was past that time and assumed that her clock was on some sort of standard time daylight saving time mix up.  I also knew it was past 1:33 and briefly assumed 2:33.

But I did not believe the pace had been quite THAT leisurely.

I checked my computer for which I had recently recalibrated the clock function.

2:09.

So I fixed that after I got home.

Did I mention 72 at the Cattle Barn?

2 comments:

Santini said...

Very nice to see GRider out and about. Lovely scenery, looks like a nice day for a bike ride. Still, she looks under dressed for 72 degrees, at least by my standards. Though I am a wimp in that regard.

I thought those looked like hostas, though unless you're up close, there is a variety of coleus that looks like that variety of hosta.

Mrs. Smith said...

I had a two-layer sleeveless thing going and it was plenty warm for the temp. I do not get cold easily, though.
It was so green and beautiful every where we rode and I loved the greatest hits tour! So nice to be out on my Bianchi again.