Thursday, June 18, 2015

1,000 miles

The GRider proclaimed it a perfect day for a bicycle ride.  There is still some controversy about whether and to whom she has proclamation power.  Indisputably, she was correct, OOTNDITHOD.

I keep editing the northern reverse route.  Today we got the correct route through Acorn Park and arrived at Lake Vadnais at approximately 9 miles.  This meant that the usual stop at Vadnais had to be delayed until we got past the 10 mile mark.

Today's stop was at Sucker Lake, the top of the 10 lake ride, adjacent to Highway 96.
It was her longest ride of the year and also probably her fastest.  I have reached 1,000 miles earlier in the season this year than when I reached it last year.

By three days.

But I am ahead of last year and at long last starting to feel a little bit strong.

1 comment:

Santini said...

A thousand miles by the solstice. Excellent. It's a stat I haven't looked at, but it is readily available, so I did. August 27th last year (not my worst year ever, but close.) May 18th this year. Plenty good enough. Weather has been an obstacle this year.