Sunday, June 14, 2015

Flag Day

Here's a couple that I know:
The one on the right is the Minnesota State Flag.  The wind wasn't strong enough to open it up completely to show the details.  I waited a bit but after a while decided that I was on a bicycle ride, not a photograph the state flag mission.  That's our library in the background.

I do not know this one.
But artfully photographed, don't you think?

Two red quarters, two blue, white cross and some sort of emblem in the center.

Bueller?

But these are the most important flags I saw today.
Because, as noted above it was a bicycle ride.

I heeded the advice of my favorite weather website and headed out towards the south.  Mikey J's weather site said wind from the southeast.

Well, here's the deal, I love that weather site but his weather station is set up on Grey Cloud Island.  Which is completely the other side of this largish metropolitan area from where I live.  The wind was fairly light so I didn't really notice until I rode past this at about the 5 mile mark.  I am facing towards the east for this photo.

Beautiful day.

But the flags are pointing to the right, indicating wind from the left.

If you are facing east and the wind is coming from your left?

So I swung around and found my way back over towards a northern route.  Half of a southern ride already gone under the tires means that I didn't really get very far along on the northern ride.  But it was a gorgeous day with only very light winds.  It is pretty much full summer, sunrise is about 5:30am, sunset about 9pm.

If you don't like this you don't like anything.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Nice flag post. (No pun intended.)

Emily M said...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Dominican_Republic

It was indeed a gorgeous day yesterday, perfect for biking and band concerts. We had fun last night - I hope you did too!