Monday, May 4, 2015

Some days are good

Some are not.

But the whole point is to do the work and as mileage slowly accumulates I should start to feel the benefit of the work I have done.

Today was a pretty good day.

Knock on wood.

The big wind yesterday pretty much ended tulip season.  Most of the blossoms are missing at least a petal or two.  It isn't quite the stem festival yet but the tulips are officially bedraggled.

Just in time the flowering crabs are reaching peak.

Lots of us have been here, it is the four tree display on top of the hill in Shoreview.
The pinks are flourishing now, the whites are still vibrant, the deep reds are still a few days away.  The pinks are fabulous.  I moved not a single pedal stroke from where I took the above picture to get this one, these slightly larger trees are directly diagonally across the street.
I rode out to the big swamp trail that I have begun to ride the last couple of years.  It gets me all the way out to Highway 96 but on a route that does not favor a continuation on to Lake Vadnais.  It is pretty back there in the woods around the swamp.  And that hill back up to Rice Street coming out of Vadnais just doesn't seem like as much fun at this point as it will later in the season when I begin to experience the benefits of having done the work.  For right now the big swamp ride is just about right.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Lovely flowering trees. Oddly -- or maybe not -- your season is definitely further along than ours.

I like riding through forested swampland in the spring. I agree, it is pretty.

Emily M said...

Those are really excellent trees! Toro has some white flowering trees in front of the new building - they are looking perfect right now too.