Saturday, May 23, 2015

First round of the draft

I had a nice bicycle ride today.  I had my best average speed of the year which may be an indication of a return of fitness.

Or it may just indicate that it always seemed like it was going to rain and at about the 2 mile mark I had a raindrop hit me in the chin.

Rain is a powerful motivator.

So I didn't get any photos but I need to post anyway because this is big, about 17 hours to green flag.

I am going to depart from my usual pattern and go with the top qualifier for this race for the team that has been the top team so far this season:

Will Power.

TOPWLH is now on the clock.

After that?

With apologies to last year's winner, I am going to say first up establishes priority.

Probably 3 rounds of picks and bonus pick for the NASCAR World 600 at the end.

Good luck to all, especially the drivers.

25 comments:

TOPWLH said...

My first pick is the incorrigibly gregarious Hélio Castroneves.

Gino said...

OK then, another Penske driver.

For early risers my selection in the Monaco Grand Prix is Mercedes driver and defending champion Lewis Hamilton.

Santini said...

Pole sitter, Scott Dixon.

Santini said...

For the Coca Cola 600 I'll pick Jimmie Johnson, unless I get trumped, in which case I'll pick Jeff Gordon. I like Kyle Busch too, but he's still recovering from a broken leg and foot, they say.

Santini said...

Brief research indicates Nico Rosberg might give that Hamilton guy some trouble. I'll be up early putting the brisket(s) in the oven.

Jimi said...

Marco Andretti, please.

Santini said...

Interesting race in Monaco this morning!

Jimi said...

I'm not sure whose turn it is, but I'll take Montoya if no one else takes him. Just over an hour until the race.

Gino said...

I need a Ganassi, Tony Kanaan.

TOPWLH said...

My second is Carlos Munoz

Santini said...

Simon Pagenaud for my second pick.

Jimi said...

For the Coke 600 I'd like Brad Keselowski, unless there is a conflict.

Gino said...

Now I need a Honda. Justin Wilson.

TOPWLH said...

I will take Carpenter for my last pick.

Santini said...

Ryan Hunter-Rear for my last pick

Santini said...

Reay, not rear. Ryan Hunter-Reay.

Jimi said...

Graham Rahal for my last pick. Good luck and good racing.

TOPWLH said...

May the best driver and the best prognosticator win!

Gino said...

For the NASCAR race, I take 88, Dale Jr.

Gino said...

But I'm rooting for AJ Foyt.

BDE said...

Congratulations, Montoya and TT. It was a good race, with an exciting ending and no gruesome crashes.

Do we all owe TT $2?

Jimi said...

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Princess Bride - 1987

[The real reason I took Montoya.]

Did I get paid for last year???

Santini said...

TT, Not from me. Add it to my tab, please, though I don't think I have ever paid anyone anything, nor have I ever picked the winner. (And your Princess Bride story is funny.)

I did pick the winner in the morning's Grand Prix in Monaco, though.

BDE said...

I kept thinking that same phrase whenever they talked about Montoya.Very fun movie.
You did win last year also so I guess we all owe you $4. Good luck collecting! Excellent prognosticating.

Gino said...

Edwards at Charlotte.

I was never correct but I did go 3-2-3 with my top picks so I always had a rooting interest.