Sunday, May 31, 2015

Another used bicycle sale

I rode on the 28th, I think, and even took a photo.  But I was so surprised to find myself at home after a brutally punishing outing that I just went ahead and crashed.

Too hot, way, way too windy.

So then we had a couple of days of rain but yesterday was totally ride worthy.  But it was still a little damp and it was chilly.

Today seemed about the same but having passed on one ride already I wasn't going to make it a two days in a row wimp out.

CB: 59, at 4pm.

Yikes, cold.

But too cold is dealt with a lot more easily than too hot.

Here is today's photo:
There is a possible bonanza there for a family of 6 with children of just the exact right ages and genders.

I like the little one the best, it is a Radio Flyer.  The other three are official department store POS.  They all look like they have a bit more wear in them but with department store bikes you just never know when the plastic parts and amateur assembly will rise up and bit you in the posterior.

The Radio Flyer looks like a keeper though, single speed, coaster brake with training wheels.  Nice.

So I did ride the other day and I did get a photo and I did previously promise periodic updates on the Boulevard of Exotic Flora.
That's rhubarb left foreground, there are some pansies down towards the other end.  A bunch of stuff I don't know but I think the center frame bit is probably some sort of coleus.  I am trying to put it all together and I am increasingly surprised to find that most of the display is perennial.

More updates to come, I suppose.

Just a closed circuit message here, it is about time for me to have a guest rider.  Tomorrow is June.

I know, hooray, hooray the first of . . .

2 comments:

Santini said...

Riding in the wind is hard.

The garden is coming along nicely. I look forward to seeing blooms.

Mrs. Smith said...

Yes, it is the month the guest rider should get started . . . Maybe June 2?
I look forward to seeing the progress on the Blvd of Exotic Flora in person.