Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tulip time

I suppose this is not one of the dates of the official Tulip Time Festival but if not someone should have notified the tulips.

This is our local tulip array.
When last heard from I believe I was campaigning for a rest day.  As usual, be careful what you wish for.  I was rewarded with a rest WEEK.

But I was out there again today.  The shoes worked out pretty much OK and the chain lube was a success.  The chain lube removed all of the clicks and creaks that my bicycle acquired when I replaced the cog and installed the new chain.  Quiet.

As expected with new shoes I confirmed that my left foot position had gradually softened to slightly off directly above the pedal.  I am back on top now.  However, as usual, a very, very minor change in position means that the muscle groups are preforming in a slightly different manner.

Sore knee.

Beautiful day, mid-60s, obviously sunny, only a light wind.  And the tulips are in bloom.

2 comments:

Jimi said...

Nice tulips. They look like they could be part of the Tulip Festival.

All the tulips in my neighborhood were decimated by the rabbits. (And maybe the squirrels, too).

Santini said...

I do like a quiet bicycle.

Nice looking tulips. Tulip Time starts tomorrow night here.